Hydraulic Power Packs
Hydraulic power packs (HPU)
A hydraulic power pack is a device that will generate and store hydraulic energy at one or
more different pressure levels ready for later use. A hydraulic power pack can be installed
inside an enclosure or on a skid.
Main component in this device are:
- The hydraulic reservoir (sized in accordance with the required fill-up of tubing/hoses
and swept volume of various actuators in the field).
- Motor/pumps, usually motor/pumps are redundant (two or more pumps for each
pressure level). Motors can be either Electrical or Pneumatic driven.
- Pressure transmitter / switches for start/stop control of the pumps.
- Accumulators, for hydraulic energy storage.
- Relief valves for protection of equipment and field runs. Relief valves are set 10%
above working pressure, but should never be higher than maximum allowed working
pressure of tubing/field equipment