A Portable Hydraulic Power Unit is a unit that can be moved from location to location and will be a skid based type. It will have a power plug with extension cord which can be plugged in on the plant socket outlet. All hydraulic connections will be with threaded or quick connector connections.
The unit used to generate and store hydraulic energy at one or more different pressure levels ready for later use.
Main component in this device are:
- A hydraulic reservoir (sized in accordance with the required fill-up of tubing/hoses/umbilical and swept volume of various actuators in the field).
- Motor/pumps are usually redundant (two or more pumps for each pressure level). Motors can be either Electrical or Pneumatic driven.
- Motor Control Box, which will control the motors in the unit.
- Pressure transmitter / switches for automatic start/stop control of the pumps.
- Accumulators, for hydraulic energy storage. Preferred is to have always two or more on one pressure level.
- Relief valves for protection of equipment and field runs. Relief valves are always set 10% above working pressure, but should never be higher than maximum allowed working pressure of tubing/field equipment.